It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:22 am

Available for testing groups : Thief 1/Gold - Thief 2 - Thief Deadly Shadows - The Dark Mod

Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forums for testing & looking for testers
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

FMs by user: Waterfront Racket; Cell 6; The Drymian Codex
No. tested: 100+
Recent/major FMs tested: Who can keep track?
Fav. playing style: Ghoster
Rufus,

Congratulations on finishing your first FM. If you will PM me with the details (FM name, which game it is for etc.) I will be happy to set up a testing forum for you here. It will be a private forum just for you and your testers. When you get testers you can add them to the usergroup and they can post their testing reports in your testing forum.

There is a wealth of info in the FAQ with instructions for authors and testers, including access instructions here: faq.php#f16

Also, you can use the forum itself or any independent file hoster (such as http://www.filefront.com for example) to upload your missions.

Check out the Author's Forum which contains some more info: viewforum.php?f=33
This forum contains instructions for uploading and storing your mission files in your own forum.

I would be happy to test the mission myself but unfortunately I am testing several missions at the moment and don't really have any time to spare. But there are many testers available here and I'm sure some will be by before long. If you have any trouble finding testers let me know and I will send some your way. You might also want to start a thread requesting testers at TTLG.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:43 am 
Uber Member
Uber Member

FMs by user: None - completed Komag's and 'official' Dromed tutorial.
No. tested: 50-100
Recent/major FMs tested: It was a privilege testing them all.
Fav. playing style: Explorer
I've sent you a pm Rufus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Oh, l'amour
No. tested: 3-5
First renovation of my mission is done thanks to nickie. Can anyone do a second test?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:09 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Return to Bafford Manor, To Whom the Bell Tolls,
In the Loom of Doom, Castle of the Dead,
Keeper of the Bell, and Gold in Fort Knocks,The Phoenix Hath Risen, Wicked Webs We Weave(T2) Summer Vacation Contest Winner : 'Escape Hammer Hill" (T2)
The Deadly Triangle T2 Port of Tg Assasins.(The Thief Reloaded Contest.2011 The Tower of St.Moria-Thief Gold. The Tower of St. Moria (T2). Cataclysmic Revelations (T2) Port from Thief Gold -T2 Cathedral of St.Vincent-Co Author with Cardia1 (Pedro Quintela)
Tell Tale Heart-Halloween Contest entry Nov2nd2012
a T2 version 1.19 Lord Bafford's Secret-T2 New Dark
T2 NewDarkV1.21-Mechanist on the Rise-Co-Author with Cardia1 (Pedro Quintella) T2-NewDark V.1.2.1 "Hammered" 10 room contest Winner Feb 2014. CCR Campaign T2 NewDark V1.21 A Lucky Hand T2 NewDark v1.22 Word Challenge contest 2014
No. tested: 11-15
Recent/major FMs tested: Fredo finds one, Good VS Bad, Lord Baffords CE,
Mechanist Facility, Hunting Treasure, Oh'Lamour
Melancholy in Porto, First City College, Walk on Mars, T2Haunt Stadium, Down with the Mechanists, Trapped
Three Distinct Adventures T2, Anna to the Rescue.
Lingering Whispers T2. Bad Hangover(T2)-Thief Reloaded Contest #2 Too many more to list.
Hi Rufus,

I sent you a pm to your TTLG inbox. I can take a look at your mission if you haven't selected someone yet. Alway glad to see another game come to light.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:02 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

No. tested: 0
Hi,

I need to do betatest for my mission "When Still". It is a campaign composed by four missions.

Is there anybody here that wants to do it?

Attention: file "WhenStill V1.0.zip" 106 mb :shock:

Thanks in advance!

P.s. Hemm… how many betatesters are necessary according to you? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

FMs by user: Waterfront Racket; Cell 6; The Drymian Codex
No. tested: 100+
Recent/major FMs tested: Who can keep track?
Fav. playing style: Ghoster
Hi Eternauta,

I'm pretty busy at the moment and don't really have time right now to take on another mission but I may have some free time in a week or two if you still need testers at that point. Do you have a particular time frame for testing your mission?

I would say that you might want to start with at least 3 or 4 testers. Depending on how difficult and long the missions in the campaign are, you might want 1 or 2 more than that. I say start with 3 or 4 and see how it goes.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding enough testers but you might also consider starting a thread in the TTLG Fan Mission forum asking for testers.

If you are ready to start testing, I would be happy to set up a testing forum for you here. Just let me know when you would like it set up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:11 am 
Uber Member
Uber Member

No. tested: 21-30
Recent/major FMs tested: Eclipsed, Mine Saga, A Journey into the Underdark, King's Story, The Sun Within And The Sun Without
Fav. playing style: Ghoster (knockouts allowed)
Hey Eternauta,

I would be happy to test it for you, although I am a bit busy these weeks. Hey, there is always some space to play Thief. :D

I think it's best if you get at least four betatesters, and seeing it's a campaign, I think it's best to have even more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:52 pm 
Uber Member
Uber Member

FMs by user: None - completed Komag's and 'official' Dromed tutorial.
No. tested: 50-100
Recent/major FMs tested: It was a privilege testing them all.
Hi Eternauta

Like the others I'm also a little busy at the moment but I think it's likely that I'll have caught up with what I'm doing by the end of next week/weekend if that's any use to you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

No. tested: 21-30
Recent/major FMs tested: T1/G: 4 missions (Phoenix Hath Risen)
T2: 20 missions (Mission X, Vandal, His Own Medicine)
T3: 2 missions (Valley, Hotel)
Hey Eternauta!! I'm glad to hear you're releasing a campaign.

Currently, I am packing my house for a move on October 1st. If you still need someone by the second weekend in October, I should be available by then.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:25 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

Hi

when you want I don't need it soon. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

No. tested: 11-15
Recent/major FMs tested: Thief2: Broken Triad, Keeper of the Prophecies, Hammerite Imperium.
As discussed in PMs, I will gladly beta-test.

What style of beta-testing? Do you bring your testers together (any forum?) or we do that separately? Any deadline we have?

Where do I d/l it from?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:27 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

Thanks all,

but I have enough testers for now! :P

Post subject: Looking for 4 more testers!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:31 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: The Sun Within and The Sun Without
No. tested: 1-2
Recent/major FMs tested: Yandros' Off The Record
Fav. playing style: Ghoster (knockouts allowed)
I think I am actually... done :shock:

Introduction:
Long overdue, my first public FM called The Sun Within and the Sun Without is now ready. This mission is my third started mission, but my first release. It starts out in yet another Lord's tombs, but the setting soon changes to something a bit more unconventional. I have tried to stick to the classic feel, though, and I'm using mostly stock resources.

There is one main "AI" that you will most certainly notice and then there's a few other more ordinary AIs, but not that many. Spiders appear on Hard and Expert, but are all replaced by frogs on Normal. There are some undead, but it's not an undead mission. Neither is it a city mission nor a mansion mission. The mission is small to medium and mostly indoors, but also outdoors. The mission focuses on climbing.

The first three things to test:
What started this FM was when I created a new tool called ropecrates that you can use as portable rope arrow targets, so those need to be tested. Secondly, I've tried to provide at least one alternative way of doing something for all situations, so try to find alternative routes and methods. Thirdly, I need someone to proofread my readables, since English is not my first language.

Time frame:
I have done quite a bit of alpha-testing myself and any inconsistencies still in existence are unknown to me. There's no real stress, but try to stick to a week (or possibly two weekends) and at most two weeks. I am hoping to be able to start beta-testing this weekend (September 25th on the absolute earliest).

Testers needed:
LarryG has already signed up for testing, but since there is a lot to test I could use 4 more testers. PM me here if you are interested.

Edit:
I have four testers now and the beta-testing is going on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:48 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Just Friends Part 1
No. tested: 1-2
Recent/major FMs tested: Mighty Joe Young
Lady Lisa's Harbor
Hi,

I'm working on the final packaging of my T2 mission "Just Friends Part 2", and am now looking for a few taffers who might be interested in Beta-testing it for me. I should have it ready to upload tonight or early tomorrow.

I've got one tester already, but would prefer at least 3 more if possible, and while it is not required, I think it would be better if all testers have already played "Just Friends Part 1" so they will understand the general plot so far (but, don't worry if you don't remember much, because I'll provide a brief summary of Part 1 to all testers).

While Part 1 was a cave-crawl followed by a small city mission, Part 2 takes place almost entirely within Lord Bile's Estate (mansion/manor).

If anyone is interested in Beta-testing, please let me know either by PM or through the usergroups (which are admittedly new to me so if I do something wrong, please feel free to kick me really hard).

Thanks in advance!

Chris
(bassmanret)

EDIT: I now have all the testers I believe I'll need (4) and testing is currently underway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:13 am 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: To Send a Message, The Acid Trip, Unholy Vivid Innocence, Insanity's Crescendo, Shadows in Our Blood, Of the Sinister Awakening, Among Two Storms, To The End With Nothing, A Sorrowful Farewell, Library of Babel
No. tested: 6-10
Recent/major FMs tested: The Love Story IV, Keeper Investigations I, II and III, The Box, The Way of the Sword, Time for Culture
Hi all

Looking for one beta tester (got two already) for a tiny mission. It shouldn't take up too much time. Please let me know if you are available.

Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next