It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Available for testing groups : Thief 1/Gold - Thief 2 - Thief Deadly Shadows - The Dark Mod

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Feedback on the site
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

No. tested: 6-10
Recent/major FMs tested: Thieves' Highway, Lord of the Thieves, Uninvited Guest, The Sun Within and The Sun Without, A Night's Profit
Fav. playing style: Ghoster
Dear all,

As I've got some more time on my hands recently so I will be able to make some improvements to the site, which includes updating the software. If anyone has any feedback to provide regarding the site or any suggestions for improvements please let me know. You can either post here or message me in private.

Also, if you are fluent in another language, you are willing to help out and have got some free time, please shout out. We are always looking for people who can translate our FAQ, which contains information for testers and authors.

Thanks,
Andy

Post subject: Re: Feedback on the site
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:23 am 
Uber Member
Uber Member

No. tested: 16-20
Recent/major FMs tested: Mine Saga, Settling a Score, Penitent Thief, Complicated Cargo, Milhorn Manor, Broken Gears, Finals Academy, Little Fly, Evil Thievery, Sinkhole, Thiefs Rising Gold (TDS), Trail of a Fence (TDS), Art of Revenge (TDM), Love Story 5p1, Requiem (TDM), The Farm, House of Locked Secrets (TDM)
Fav. playing style: Kleptomaniac / Perfect Thief
Earlier this year I wondered where and how testers would be able to find missions that are ready to be tested.
Unfortunately authors don't seem to post in the regular forum, that they are searching for testers.
Tannar pointed me to this page : Groups
The problem is, that there is no indication on when these groups were created,
whether they still might accept testers or something like a 'date of last post',
that would help you figure out which groups are still active and not released yet
and therefore worth trying to volunteer as tester.

I might help translating some parts of the FAQ to german
(as long as don't expect me to talk PHP fluent ;o )
Seems like there is a big amount of untranslated text left.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Recent/major FMs tested: Thieves' Highway, Lord of the Thieves, Uninvited Guest, The Sun Within and The Sun Without, A Night's Profit
I'm sure we can sort something out that could better inform prospective testers and we would be mostly reliant on authors telling us when they're not accepting new testers, etc.

Thank you for volunteering :) There's quite a lot indeed. I'll message you with some more info.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:26 am 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Soulforge Revisited;Portisco Head (Collaborator)
No. tested: 41-50
Recent/major FMs tested: Sturmdrang Peak; Finals at the Academy;Broken Triad;Seven Sisters;The Den;Seven Shades of Mercury
Fav. playing style: Explorer
I've just noticed a possible confusion with the way posting times are reported. Is 12:56 am 00:56 or 12:56 in the 24-hour clock?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hey ffox, the clock would normally be in 12hr format, in most cases there should be an am or pm by it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:58 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Soulforge Revisited;Portisco Head (Collaborator)
No. tested: 41-50
Recent/major FMs tested: Sturmdrang Peak; Finals at the Academy;Broken Triad;Seven Sisters;The Den;Seven Shades of Mercury
Sorry - I'm ex-military and had forgotten that 00:00 hours is 12 am in civilian parlance. :oops: I've changed my preferences!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 pm 
Uber Member
Uber Member

FMs by user: None - completed Komag's and 'official' Dromed tutorial.
No. tested: 50-100
Recent/major FMs tested: It was a privilege testing them all.
Sorry Andy, I didn't see this before. Are you still lazing about with nothing to do?

I think the only thing I find awkward for me is the location of the Search bar. I don't use it that often so I always seem to forget it's at the bottom of the page as it's not immediately visible in my window. Other than that, I find everything very user friendly.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]