It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Available for testing groups : Thief 1/Gold - Thief 2 - Thief Deadly Shadows - The Dark Mod

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Site update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

No. tested: 6-10
Recent/major FMs tested: Thieves' Highway, Lord of the Thieves, Uninvited Guest, The Sun Within and The Sun Without, A Night's Profit
Fav. playing style: Ghoster
There have been a couple of updates with the site in the past week:

• Site upgraded to a newer stabler version
  • Minor bugs fixed
  • Spoiler tags added
  • Language packs installed

Spoilers

Incase you need to put something into a spoiler, for example, so that you do not spoil information for other testers but the author can still see them, you can use one of two spoiler tags (buttons available when you post):

[Spoiler]Your text[/Spoiler]
[
Spoiler2]Your text[/Spoiler2

This is a spoiler tag which will be displayed on its own line

This is another spoiler tag which will be displayed on its own line

[Spoil]Your text[/Spoil

This is a spoiler tag which can be used in a sentence with non-spoiler information.

To view a spoiler, select/highlight the text within to see the message. Unselect/unhighlight to make the text invisible again.

Language packs

The following languages are supported on this site:
  • British English
  • German (formal)
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Spanish (Spain dialect)

And the following will be added once they are supported/validated:
  • French
  • Portuguese

To change your language, visit the User Control Panel (UCP) and use the link to Board Preferences. Alternatively, click here.

In the two styles that come with the forum software, there are button translations also, if you pick prosilver or subsilver2. You can change your forum style on the same UCP page.

Known issue: the additions made to the FAQ a few weeks ago won't show up if you select a different language than English. To view the FAQ additions, switch back to English first. If someone wishes to translate the sections on beta testing please give me a bell.

Post subject: Re: Site update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:48 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Recent/major FMs tested: Thieves' Highway, Lord of the Thieves, Uninvited Guest, The Sun Within and The Sun Without, A Night's Profit
More language packs

A few more languages have become available:
  • Finnish
  • French
  • Portuguese
  • Swedish (subsilver2 images not available)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:34 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Custom profile field

Added...

Someone's profile gave me an idea for something to add to the profile options: Playing style.

It's a dropdown list of different playing styles. Please tell us if you have other styles we haven't included. To help the FM authors, enter your preferred style when you have a chance.

>> User Profile Options

Note:

It is possible for each custom profile field to be translated into a different language. If you are able and willing to offer translations into one of the above languages, please make a new thread with translations to the following words or phrases:

- FMs by user
- Specify any fan missions you are the author of.
- FMs tested by user
- Fill in any missions you have helped beta test
- PC specs
- Let mission authors know what specs their beta testers have, i.e.: graphics card, RAM, processor speeds, etc
- Favourite playing style
- Please enter your favourite style of playing Thief fan missions.
- Sneaker; Ghoster; Ghoster (knockouts allowed); Kleptomaniac / Perfect Thief; Explorer; Combat/Warrior; The 'Lytha Way' (no damage); Ironman mode (no saves)

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

FMs by user: Waterfront Racket; Cell 6; The Drymian Codex
No. tested: 100+
Recent/major FMs tested: Who can keep track?
Hey Dussander,

I love the new favorite playing style field. :) Thanks for adding it. I had a hard time deciding though. Wish I could of mixed a couple of choices. For example, not sure what you meant by "sneaker" and "explorer". I love to explore, the more the better, but I also like to ghost when possible. Any chance of being able to choose more than one? Just a thought, if it is too much work just ignore this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm afraid it's a single-choice drop-down list. Making a list for every possibility would be a lot. Besides, it's for your favourite type, so pick your fav!

Sneaker is a general one, so if the others don't fit, put that. Explorer is for those who love to check every nook even though there's no loot to gain or objectives to achieve by going there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The site has been updated to the latest versions without any problems. Please let me know if something was working before but is now broken.

Known issues:
  • Custom Beta FAQ overwritten - needs rebuilding [FIXED]

FAQ

The FAQ has been updated to include notes and guidelines to mission authors to improve the testing process. I am very grateful to Tannar who volunteered for the task of building the guidelines (and suggesting it in the first place) and to nickie & pavlovscat for contributing.

Custom profiles

The custom profile fields have been slightly updated (view here). I recommend that you limit yourself on how many FMs you include in their list* as the informations is displayed with every post you make. A new field to improve information has been added: total no. of FMs tested - please be honest!

* I'm not gonna go to every profile with my edit button though!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

New smilies

I didn't choose them as they came with the board update but I thought I may as well add them. I intend to add more new ones.

:> :] :[ ;o :s :geek: :geek2: ;]

:>  :]  :[  ;o  :s  :geek:  :geek2:  ;]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

New smilies! ;o 8^)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Return to Bafford Manor, To Whom the Bell Tolls,
In the Loom of Doom, Castle of the Dead,
Keeper of the Bell, and Gold in Fort Knocks,The Phoenix Hath Risen, Wicked Webs We Weave(T2) Summer Vacation Contest Winner : 'Escape Hammer Hill" (T2)
The Deadly Triangle T2 Port of Tg Assasins.(The Thief Reloaded Contest.2011 The Tower of St.Moria-Thief Gold. The Tower of St. Moria (T2). Cataclysmic Revelations (T2) Port from Thief Gold -T2 Cathedral of St.Vincent-Co Author with Cardia1 (Pedro Quintela)
Tell Tale Heart-Halloween Contest entry Nov2nd2012
a T2 version 1.19 Lord Bafford's Secret-T2 New Dark
T2 NewDarkV1.21-Mechanist on the Rise-Co-Author with Cardia1 (Pedro Quintella) T2-NewDark V.1.2.1 "Hammered" 10 room contest Winner Feb 2014. CCR Campaign T2 NewDark V1.21 A Lucky Hand T2 NewDark v1.22 Word Challenge contest 2014
No. tested: 11-15
Recent/major FMs tested: Fredo finds one, Good VS Bad, Lord Baffords CE,
Mechanist Facility, Hunting Treasure, Oh'Lamour
Melancholy in Porto, First City College, Walk on Mars, T2Haunt Stadium, Down with the Mechanists, Trapped
Three Distinct Adventures T2, Anna to the Rescue.
Lingering Whispers T2. Bad Hangover(T2)-Thief Reloaded Contest #2 Too many more to list.
Cool Tannar, A big improvement! I never could understand what this guy is chewing on, or maybe his nose is itchy>>>>> :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Return to Bafford Manor, To Whom the Bell Tolls,
In the Loom of Doom, Castle of the Dead,
Keeper of the Bell, and Gold in Fort Knocks,The Phoenix Hath Risen, Wicked Webs We Weave(T2) Summer Vacation Contest Winner : 'Escape Hammer Hill" (T2)
The Deadly Triangle T2 Port of Tg Assasins.(The Thief Reloaded Contest.2011 The Tower of St.Moria-Thief Gold. The Tower of St. Moria (T2). Cataclysmic Revelations (T2) Port from Thief Gold -T2 Cathedral of St.Vincent-Co Author with Cardia1 (Pedro Quintela)
Tell Tale Heart-Halloween Contest entry Nov2nd2012
a T2 version 1.19 Lord Bafford's Secret-T2 New Dark
T2 NewDarkV1.21-Mechanist on the Rise-Co-Author with Cardia1 (Pedro Quintella) T2-NewDark V.1.2.1 "Hammered" 10 room contest Winner Feb 2014. CCR Campaign T2 NewDark V1.21 A Lucky Hand T2 NewDark v1.22 Word Challenge contest 2014
No. tested: 11-15
Recent/major FMs tested: Fredo finds one, Good VS Bad, Lord Baffords CE,
Mechanist Facility, Hunting Treasure, Oh'Lamour
Melancholy in Porto, First City College, Walk on Mars, T2Haunt Stadium, Down with the Mechanists, Trapped
Three Distinct Adventures T2, Anna to the Rescue.
Lingering Whispers T2. Bad Hangover(T2)-Thief Reloaded Contest #2 Too many more to list.
darthslair wrote:
Cool Tannar, A big improvement! I never could understand what this guy is chewing on, or maybe his nose is itchy>>>>> :lol:

Thanks Dussander! Those geeky guys are too Cool!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:17 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The FAQ has been updated to include more information on attachments:
faq.php#f70

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The site has been updated to the newest version of software. Please let me know if you've noticed any problems since the update.

Updates:
  • Forum version upgrade
  • I have made the profile field 'PC Specs' viewable on someone's public profile page only now, instead of in every post they've made too.
  • Added 'Available for testing' links at the top of each page, and removed them from the legend (for currently used forum themes, the rest will be updated later)
  • ...And the site reached 10,000 posts a couple of days ago :]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

In an attempt to update styles several things have been messed up including the default style. I've had to deactivate those that are currently defunct. The default style is now Acidtech which isn't that bad but not as nice. It'll take a long time I expect to get things working again and I may have to add new themes which work.

Enjoy Acidtech :(

Edit: I've found the same style with a different colour range, but it looks about the same. I'll keep it as the default.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Would that be aeroblack? I like it. A bit too much black but otherwise fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Aeroblue is back but it cannot be the style used by unregistered/unlogged in users due to a compatibility issue. But people can use it on their profiles like usual.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next