It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Available for testing groups : Thief 1/Gold - Thief 2 - Thief Deadly Shadows - The Dark Mod

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: CLOSED: Beta Testers Needed for "Finals at the Academy"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:57 pm 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Finals at the Academy
No. tested: 6-10
Recent/major FMs tested: Rust Belt Prison; Keeper Investigations 1, 2, 3; Mystic Gems 2; The Plot Thickens; Bafford's Townhouse
Fav. playing style: Kleptomaniac / Perfect Thief
This Beta is CLOSED. I've got the testers I need for now. Thank you all who applied!

I need a few creative taffers to try and break my first mission, double check my readables, look for wedges and jorge, and complain about anything else you can find which I should fix before releasing. This mission has been alpha tested thoroughly, so I think it is pretty tight, but ... it is my first mission. I really don't know what we'll find when a broader cross-section of players starts beating on it.

This mission is the first of a planned three mission campaign. It is set prior to the start of T1/G, while Garrett is in training with the Keepers.

Please only apply if you have plenty of free time. "Finals" is a fairly large mission with lots to test. Each run through can take several hours. I'd like to wrap this up within a month of starting, say for a release in early November, so it could involve quite a few hours of work during October.

Experience helps, but isn't absolutely necessary. Being a good note taker, however, is essential. I need people who can clearly communicate what they found and where they found it.

I wouldn't mind having at least one person who can help debug technical issues in case I need help figuring out how to debug something. So established authors would be very welcome.

This mission is currently English language only and readable heavy, so I would appreciate a few folk who are non-native English speakers to comment on it. The mission depends on the players reading and understanding what they have read. It may be extra difficult if English is not your native language. I don't know yet what I can do if that turns out to be the case, but if I know about specific problems before release, maybe there's something simple I can do to make things easier on non-native English speakers.

Willingness to speak your mind about how you think the mission could be better is important. I may not act on what you suggest, but I sure will listen hard.

I am looking for testers with a variety of hardware and Thief playing styles. This mission has more than just differences in loot totals between Normal, Hard, and Expert, so I am also looking for people willing to test all three difficulties independently and offer critiques / suggestions to help make the playing experience appropriate for each difficulty level.

To Apply:
PM me. I'll look at your "tester profile" to try and select a good mix of backgrounds, experience, play style, languages, and hardware. If you are not selected, it just may be that I had to draw the line somewhere, but I'll let you know anyway.

Last edited by LarryG on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Beta Testers Needed for T2 Mission: "Finals at the Acade
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:47 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

No. tested: 11-15
Recent/major FMs tested: Better off Dead
Finals at the Academy
Ransom
Shadow Politics
Cathedral of St Vincent
Cryptic Realms
Evil Thievery
Precious
Bones Epsde1
Tower in the Forest
The Abandoned Castle
I'm up for it...left a message on the ttlg...then noticed you wanted it here...

have just finished testing a small FM,it was my first and I enjoyed being part of the team.

I have been playing since the game came out,and if you would like me to join you,even with my little experience of testing, I would be happy.

Het

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 am 
Uber Member
Uber Member

No. tested: 16-20
Recent/major FMs tested: Lord of the Thieves
The Uninvited Guest
Mystic Gems 2
Keeper Investigations 2 and 3
Stife 2
Jail Break
10th Anniversary: eepcat's mission
Wicked Relics
Vandal
Wicked Webs We Weave
Wicked Relics
Bathory campaign
Crooked Town
A Visit for the Knights
Looking for Info
Fav. playing style: Explorer
Yeah sure thing I'm up to it as well and have plenty of free time to beta test the mission :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:15 pm 
Uber Member
Uber Member

FMs by user: I once wrote a story for a ghost/hospital mission
No. tested: 41-50
Recent/major FMs tested: Bad Hangover, A Dire Return, Pestis Cruento, Shadow Plans, Better of Dead, Finals at the Academy, Catalysmic Revalations and more ...
I'm here.

Gloria.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:28 am 

No. tested: 0
I'll give it a shot.

Post subject: Re: CLOSED: Beta Testers Needed for "Finals at the Academy"
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 am 
FM Author
FM Author

FMs by user: Finals at the Academy
No. tested: 6-10
Recent/major FMs tested: Rust Belt Prison; Keeper Investigations 1, 2, 3; Mystic Gems 2; The Plot Thickens; Bafford's Townhouse
Thank you all. I've got the testers I need for right now. If you applied, you should have received a PM from me letting you know one way or the other. Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]